Hey, I was in a webinar on open source in Robotics!
What is open source software? What are some the advantages and disadvantages? Can every robot use ROS (Robot Operating System)? These are just a few of the questions discussed in last month’s Robots and Open Source Operating Software webinar, hosted by Robotic Industries Association.
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of open source software?
- What is corporate America’s concerns with open source? Safety?
- Can every robot use ROS, what are the impediments?
- What could open source mean to industrial robotics?
- What about open source and the profit motive in software?
- Who saves $$ on ROS from the big picture perspective?
- The Internet of Things and ROS/ROSi and Security?
- What does the future look like?
Click here to watch a full recording of the webinar and learn more about open source operating software and how it’s driving the field of robotics.